We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who wants to help Silicon Valley startups build their businesses with Artificial Intelligence as their core driver of competitiveness. Sound like your kind of thing? Join us and help us develop an excellent team of motivated AI and data enthusiasts.
About the role
- Solving challenging and exciting data science problems.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional agile team that includes data science, engineering, design, testing and product management.
- Designing, coding, training, testing, deploying and iterating on different types of data products (mostly ML systems).
- Creating and running experiments (at scale), and communicating their results and importance to clients.
- Helping to craft the direction of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at STRV.
- Individually developing to continue growing your impact and helping to mentor peers both internally and externally (various conferences and meet-ups).
Perks & Benefits
Our goal is to become a global leader in software design & development. But no matter how big we grow, we will always ensure everybody who joins STRV feels at home.
- MacBook Pro, iPhone 11 or Google Pixel 4 and everything else you need.
- An award-winning office, terrace, event space, relaxing zones and a barbeque grill.
- Free snacks and fruits, free lunch on Mondays, free breakfasts on Fridays.
- Xbox, foosball, pool table and ping-pong.
- Rooftop bar to chill out during the day and party at night (free beer on tap)!
- Well-equipped gym and many sport classes.
- Multisport card to access sports facilities in town.
- No office hours and no micro-management.
- Language lessons.
Clients & Projects
Our clients are Silicon Valley startups such as Boosted Boards, Rich Uncles, ClassDojo and Ripple. We also work with large companies like LegalZoom and Microsoft.
The projects usually last around 6 months and can involve design, development, QA, and product management. Our devs work only on one project at a time and are involved from the start till an MVP delivery.
We have a footprint in specialized domains like IoT, dating, machine learning, crypto and mobile gaming. On top of that, we’ve also got some successful internal spin-off projects.
With over 120 engineers, platform experts, team leads and mentors, there’s always someone to consult, have a code review and learn from.
We host regular meetups and workshops, and our engineers have a generous conference budget.
Check-out our Open Source Libraries.
In the office, there are 20 nationalities – and our language is English.
Occasional travel to the US.
- You have a strong analytical mindset, problem-solving skills and a passion for solving business problems using data.
- You have good software engineering skills and experience across multiple languages, including but not limited to Python, and C/C++ or Java/Scala.
- You have a good understanding of ML techniques and their mathematical underpinnings—such as classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural networks. You have experience with ML software packages (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch) and ML frameworks and platforms (Amazon SageMaker, Metaflow). Experience with handling data/ML infrastructure is a huge plus.
- You have good knowledge of statistics and optimization techniques.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB), Relational Databases (such as MySQL, Postgres), Search Systems (such as ElasticSearch, Solr), and BigData processing (Spark) is a plus.
- A degree in an analytical/quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science) is a plus.
Thanks for subscribing! Look forward to receiving lots of magic in your inbox.