We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who wants to help both Silicon Valley startups and enterprise clients build the next generation of innovative data-driven products. Sound like your kind of thing? Join us and help us develop an excellent team of motivated data enthusiasts.
What you will do and learn:
- Laying down foundations for data-driven products (AI solutions, Analytical and Business Intelligence tools) while solving challenging and exciting data-related problems.
- Designing, building, launching and maintaining efficient and reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts) across several platforms, including Data Warehouses, online caches and real-time systems.
- Helping define data assets (data models) for various companies.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional agile team that includes data science, engineering, design, testing and product management.
- Helping to craft the direction of Data Engineering/Science at STRV.
- Individually developing to continue growing your impact and mentoring peers both internally and externally (various conferences and meet-ups).
Perks & Benefits:
Our goal is to become a global leader in software design & development. But no matter how big we grow, we will always ensure everybody who joins STRV feels at home.
Note: Some of the perks below (food, parties, classes) are temporarily limited due to Covid-19.
- MacBook Pro, iPhone 11 or Google Pixel 4 and everything else you need.
- An award-winning office, terrace, event space, relaxing zones and a barbeque grill.
- Free snacks and fruits, free lunch on Mondays, free breakfasts on Fridays.
- Xbox, foosball, pool table and ping-pong.
- Rooftop bar to chill out during the day and party at night (free beer on tap)!
- Well-equipped gym and many sport classes.
- Multisport card to access sports facilities in town.
- No office hours and no micro-management.
- Language lessons.
Clients & Projects
Our clients are Silicon Valley startups such as Boosted Boards, Rich Uncles, ClassDojo and Ripple. We also work with large companies like LegalZoom and Microsoft.
The projects usually last around 6 months and can involve design, development, QA, and product management. Our devs work only on one project at a time and are involved from the start till an MVP delivery.
We have a footprint in specialized domains like IoT, dating, machine learning, crypto and mobile gaming. On top of that, we’ve also got some successful internal spin-off projects.
With over 100 engineers, platform experts, team leads and mentors, there’s always someone to consult, have a code review and learn from.
We host regular meetups and workshops, and our engineers have a generous conference budget.
Check-out our Open Source Libraries.
In the office, there are 20 nationalities – and our language is English.
Occasional travel to the US.
- You have a strong analytical mindset, problem-solving skills and a passion for solving business problems using data.
- You are a self-starter, and you are passionate about exploring and learning new things. You are not afraid to explain those things to others.
- You have proven software engineering skills across multiple languages, including but not limited to Python, and C/C++ or Java/Scala.
- You are proficient in SQL. You have experience with NoSQL datastores (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB), Relational Databases (such as MySQL, Postgres) and Search Systems (such as ElasticSearch, Solr). Experience with querying massive datasets using tools like Spark is a plus.
- You have strong experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling. Having experience with Business Intelligence and Data Analytics is a great plus.
- You have experience with data pipelines (batch or streaming) design, implementation and maintenance, and are familiar with at least one data pipeline framework like Airflow.
- You have practical knowledge of Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure. Experience with handling data infrastructure is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (in English).
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Thanks for subscribing! Look forward to receiving lots of magic in your inbox.